[Samba] port usage

dharanesh dharanesh dharanesh at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 4 06:58:38 GMT 2003

Our Client software used samba protocol,If there is no firewall case , this
protocol work properly from remote site.All of firwall configuration open (
this mean is all of port open ).
Samba work very well, but if some constrain put in, it doesn't work.

1)I would like to know about port usage of samba protocol.
I think snmpd, nmpd daemon used some port number. i can see /etc/service
file.
Client software has no daemon, i think may be server request to some port of
client.
That means samba protocol used another port except snmpd,nmpd port.

My question is
1. I would like to know about port usage of samba protocol.
2. My client want to set exact port number for firewall, because he don't
want to open
   all of port for security isseu.

regards
Dandy