[Samba] Profiles - Slow logoff

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Mar 4 03:35:32 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 21:40, Jim C wrote:
> OK, I've finally got my Samba-LDAP PDC operational.
> Everything seems to work fine but it takes an age to save settings when
> logging off.   What can I do (i.e. what would one normally do) to speed
> things up?  I do have a huge volume of files under ~/profile/My
> Documents  Will this affect the logoff time?
yep
the files have to be copied back and forth...

I encourage my users to keep their files on the server and work on them
in place.  I redirect My Documents to their home directory on the
server.
I also move mozilla's cache into their Local Settings folder
We use IMAP to reduce the amount of mail stored in the profile.

You could also increase the speed of your network...

note: this is not a samba specific problem

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>