[Samba] Control NT Services

Voetelink D. voetelink at ecn.nl
Mon Mar 3 17:23:04 GMT 2003

Josh,

> Thanks for the response !!  I tried rpcclient but I don't see anywhere where
> it will let me control services.

I double-checked, and found out that it's the rpcclient supplied with
samba-tng which has service-control.

from 'man rpcclient' from a samba-tng system:

-----
Service Control

              These commands provide functionality similar to the
              Windows NT Service Control Manager.

              It  is  possible to use command-line completion (if
              you have the  GNU  readline  library)  for  Service
              names, by pressing the tab key.

       svcenum
              [-i] Lists Services.

       svcinfo
              <service> Service Information

       svcstart
              <service> [arg 0] [arg 1] ... Start Service

       svcstop
              <service> Stop Service
-----

I'm not sure this is what you want. Perhaps somebody has a
different solution...

greetings,

Dennis

D. Voetelink