[Samba] File attribute problem

Sandor Toth t_s at freemail.hu
Mon Mar 3 17:12:38 GMT 2003

Hello,

I installed the latest Samba (2.2.7a) on Compaq Tru64 Unix (v 5.1a). it
works fine but I have a small problem.
For example I have a file called test.txt on the server.
The owner of the file is toths:
-rwxrwxrwx   1 toths    users          2 Mar  3 18:08 test.txt
In this case toths can set the file attributes (read only,  archive) of
the files from a Windows NT client but a different user (for example
kissk from the same unix group) can not however the mask is 777.

The server works on the same way on Linux too. I checked the manuals but
I could not find anything about this problem.

What was wrong in this case? Any comment would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Sandor Toth

Ps:

[Project#1]