[Samba] Adding printer stops with "Operation could not be completed"

Tor Bechmann Sørensen tor at studentergaarden.dk
Mon Mar 3 17:43:47 GMT 2003

I am still hoping that someone might have an answer to my problem, as
stated below. Since my last post I have tried the all windows OS
versions bundle driver from HP. It apparently installed, the
printer property panel, sharing, additional drivers showed all
drivers as installed (X86), but on the server actually only
windows2k/Xp was present. In addition any computer which installed
the printer now crashed explorer.exe every time a printing
operation was tried. So I erased the drivers, and uninstalled the
printer in winXP, and tried with "default devmode = yes". Now printing
doesnt cause crashing, but the printer property in windowsXP still shows
all drivers installed, and still the win95/98 drivers are actually not
there. I have included my previous post below, FYI.

Regards Tor Bechmann Sorensen