[Samba] Samba-LDAP PDC not calling 'add user script'

Andrew Furey andrew at terminus.net.au
Mon Mar 3 01:26:24 GMT 2003

> add user script = /usr/share/samba/scripts/smbldap-useradd.pl
 >    -w -d /dev/null -g Machines -s /bin/false %u interval
 >
> For some reason I cannot fathom, Samba isn't calling the script.  Can
> anyone tell me what kinds of things  might cause Samba to behave this
> way?  Anyone know a way around it?

I asked about this a few months ago, from memory. One of the developers
got back to me and said the code seemed to have disappeared for some
bizarre reason. I think he was going to reimplement it in a better way
or something...

(I ended up using winbind+nss instead, but I wasn't a PDC (or LDAP) so
that probably doesn't help you...)

--
ANDREW FUREY <andrew at terminus.net.au> - Sysadmin/developer for Terminus.
Providing online networks of Australian lawyers (http://www.ilaw.com.au)