[Samba] librsync ??

Greg Freemyer freemyer at NorcrossGroup.com
Sat Mar 1 00:14:38 GMT 2003

All,

Does anyone know anything about librsync, and where it is currently maintained =
on the web?

It apparently is/was a samba project, but I'm not sure how it relates.

The authors are listed as:
 Martin Pool <mbp at samba.org>
 Andrew Tridgell <tridge at samba.org>

but I suspect someone else did the 0.9.5.1 update, because only 0.9.5 is =
available on the rproxy site (http://rproxy.sourceforge.net/download.html).

It is used by rdiff-backup (http://rdiff-backup.stanford.edu/) and they have a =
tarball for 0.9.5.1 on their site, but if you download it and try to compile it =
you get problems with missing files.

I did a diff between 0.9.5 and 0.9.5.1 and there were about 3000 lines =
modified, so somebody has done a lot of work on it relatively recently.

0.9.5 does compile, but the above site says that it has memory leaks and the =
rdiff package will not work reliably.

TIA
Greg
--=20