[Samba] WinXP samba2.2.8a joining domain trouble

Tru Pham tpham at viettre.net
Mon Jun 30 15:08:28 GMT 2003

You can increase the log level by having this line in your smb.conf:

log level = 3

or

log level = 10 (this is more output)

To answer your other question, don't upgrade to 3.0 beta yet because you
will have big time trying to figure out why your windows can't join the
domain.  I had bad experience with 3.0 beta1.  With 2.2.8a I got it
working within minutes.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Quoting Magnus Sundberg <Magnus.Sundberg at dican.se>:

> Dear sirs,
> When I try to join my domain I get the error message
> "The specified network password is not correct"
> When I use a knowingly wrong password I get an error message in
> style with "Unkown user or incorrect password"
>
> I have set registry keys

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
> "requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000
> "signsecurechannel"=dword:00000000
> as specified in the FAQ.
>
> How do I increase logging and other troubleshooting tips.
>
> I can access disks as a member in the workgroup.
>
> regards,
>
> Magnus Sundberg
>

> --

Need Web Email Account?