[Samba] Prob configuring Samba / Ldap an PDC

Robert Einsle robert at einsle.de
Sun Jun 29 13:13:23 GMT 2003

Hy all

I installed samba with ldapsam-backand acting as an Windows Server but i
was not able to windiws 2k Workstations joining the Domain.

I added the Computername with an $ apended to the ldap-passworddir, i
let run smbpasswd -m -a elli, but i cannot add the Computer to the Domain.

The smb.conf:

--- cut ---
[global]
    workgroup = EINSLE
    netbios name = SRV01
    server string = %h server (Samba %v)
    load printers = yes
    printing = cups
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    log level = 1
    max log size = 1000
    syslog = 0
    security = user
    encrypt passwords = yes
    #passwd program = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-passwd.pl -o %u
    #passwd chat = *new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *successfully*
    unix password sync = yes
    local master = yes
    os level = 60
    domain master = yes
    preferred master = False
    wins support = yes
    dns proxy = no
    name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast
    preserve case = yes
    short preserve case = yes
    unix password sync = false
    obey pam restrictions = yes
    template shell = /bin/bash
    create mask = 0777
    directory mask = 0777
    domain logons = yes
    passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://ldap.pfronten.einsle.de:389
    ldap admin dn = "cn=admin,dc=pfronten,dc=einsle,dc=de"
    ldap suffix = "dc=pfronten,dc=einsle,dc=de"

With normal W2k Workstations i'm able to work, but i want to add them to
the Domain.

I'm working with debian sid, openldap 2.1.21, samba 3 beta1.

net groupmap is working, usermanagement too.

Any hints??

\Robert