[Samba] RID numbers

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Jun 28 13:57:38 GMT 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 21:01, Andrey Nepomnyaschih wrote:
> Thanks for the answer Andrew,
>
> I've got another question on the RID numbers.
>
> It's a long time for now RIDs for users and groups should have been
> calculated from uidNumber and gidNumber respectively. If I set RID of
> user to anything else than (uidNumber * 2 + 1000) I'm asking for big
> troubles. Is there any feature in plans to remove this requirement? And
> does sambaGroupMapping class in schema solves this for groups?

With Samba 3.0beta2 (and current CVS) if you have an entry in LDAP with
both the SambaSID and the uidNumber it should use that mapping.

Likewise for groups, with that sambaGroupMapping.

You should consider your case carefully - only do this if you need to,
and consider if you want to adjust the value of 'algrithmic RID base' to
avoid having an algorithmic RID in that space.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at bartlett.house>