[Samba] Can't add machine account to domain

Tru Pham tpham at viettre.net
Sat Jun 28 05:24:50 GMT 2003

Yep, that's right.  The windows account did not get created in Unix
therefore, you cannot add it to the domain.  What you need to do, I think,
is create this line in your smb.conf:

add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g machines -s /bin/false -d /dev/null
%u

see if it helps.

Was it you who try to setup ADS and Kerberos?  If so here's the link to the
ADS-HOWTO.txt.

http://www.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~/samba/docs/textdocs/Attic/ADS
-HOWTO.txt?rev=1.6&content-type=text/plain