[Samba] Winbind STILL not working.

Jim Adkins poetsalley at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 27 16:17:06 GMT 2003

Hello all,

I did a lot of searching, and still have a couple of problems. I've been
using "winbindd -i -d 100" to see what could be going wrong. Now I get

"Could not open a connection to DOMAIN for \PIPE\lsarpc
(NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE)"

What is \PIPE\Isarpc? Also,

"IPC$ connections done by user DOMAIN\username
connecting to DC from LINUXBOX with username [DOMAIN]\[username]"

I think that this may be the problem, but I'm not sure. My logon should be
fine for joining a domain, and I'm a Domain Admin as well as an
Administrator. But for some reason it doesn't want to let me in. I've done a
lot of searching for the NT_STATUS error, and haven't gotten anything that
helps me. Also, does anyone know of a way to change the above username?
Where is this getting the username and password from? Is there a way to
check the password and see if it's the problem? Can I change the username or
password?

I thought that it may be getting this info from the username and password I
used to join the domain with, but I tried to rejoin under a different login,
but my login still showed up under winbindd. And whenever I let it run, it
locks out my account on the domain.

Please, can anyone help me? :)

Info:
The domain I am trying to get this working on is a native Win2K domain.
The version of Linux I'm working with is Mandrake 9.1.
The Samba version is 2.2.7a-security-rollup-fix

Thanx a ton. :) -Jim