[Samba] Failing test 5

Bo Mellberg bo.mellberg at jolife.se
Fri Jun 27 14:39:55 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my samba server to act
as a PDC on a mixed WinXP/Win2k/Win98
network. So far only the XP-clients are
able to connect to the domain. When I go
thru the DIAGNOSIS.TXT, test #5 fails:

[root at blackbeauty bin]# ./nmblookup -B BOSSES '*'
querying * on 0.0.0.0
192.168.1.10 *<00>
[root at blackbeauty bin]#

(Server name is "blackbeauty", client is "BOSSES",
the servers IP is 192.168.1.10, the clients ip
is 192.168.1.197)

Shouldnt the above lookup answer with the clients ip?

Note that the client "BOSSES" is a trusted machine
account added in "passwd", "shadow" and smbpasswd
(with the appropriate $-signs where applicable).

This is with the client that actually CAN log onto
the domain and use the shares and printers.

Thanks for your time,

/Bo Mellberg