[Samba] Joining Domain with windows XP servicePack 1 swedish edition

Magnus Sundberg Magnus.Sundberg at dican.se
Fri Jun 27 13:39:50 GMT 2003

Dear sirs,
I try to join my company domain from a new laptop equipped with
Windows XP Service Pack 1 swedish edition to my Redhat Supplied
samba-2.2.7-3.7.2.
I continue to get the error message "Följande fel uppstod vid
anslutning till domänen DICANGROUP: Felaktigt nätverkslösenord
angivet" This corresponds to the FAQ error message "The following
error occurred attempting to join the domain MYDOMAIN: The
specified network password is not correct"

I have done as stated in the FAQ activating the policy editor and
changing keys accordingly, I beleive I got the swedish
translation correct.
I also activated the registry editor and found the keys
"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000
"signsecurechannel"=dword:00000000
I belive these keys correspond to the policy editor changes.

Anybody that has any suggestions?

Magnus Sundberg