[Samba] Still can't join domain

cmc at cat.savycat.com cmc at cat.savycat.com
Fri Jun 27 14:28:33 GMT 2003

I can not add a W2K computer to my newly created SMB PDC.  I get the error
message: the credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of
credentials on SAMBA 2.2.7 and "The account used is a computer account.
Use your global user account or local user account to access this
server." on SAMBA 3.0.0.

On W98 I am able to logon to the domain, but unable to execute the map
logon drive = h: or logon home = \\netbios_name\home\%u

I have run net use * /d, there are no connected drives.

The output of smbclient -L alvarado:

Domain=[BOOSTUS] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.0beta1]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        netlogon       Disk      Network Logon Service
        IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
        ADMIN$         IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        ALVARADO             Samba Server

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
        BOOSTUS              ALVARADO
        FRED                 SAVY
        SAVYCAT              BOOSTER

Output of testparm:

Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[netlogon]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_PDC

My workgroup is not the same name as the domain I am trying to join.

tia,
cmc