[Samba] Off Subject

Chris Shafer wcshafer at cablespeed.com
Thu Jun 26 19:44:38 GMT 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 03:29:24PM -0400, Marion Haines scrawled:
> Pardon me for asking this general question with regards to Samba but I've been searching and haven't found a source that would answer my question.
>

> Is there some site, list, etc, that lists companies, schools, etc, who have volunteered information that they use Samba in their day-to-day operations?
>

> This would be of great interest to us as it would show Linux/Samba to be a viable solution instead of going exclusively with a Windows-server-based setup.

A good site to look into would be http://counter.li.org/. That is the
linux counter website. I was a student in Anne Arundel County Public
Schools until this last year, and the majority of the linux installs
were rouge installs for individual computer labs, but they were much
better at handling the load than the main servers.

I would try contacting the people at the Linux Counter project and ask
them to help you get more specialized data.

Chris Shafer