[Samba] 2.2.8a, printer driver download: need to use setdrive r

Andreas andreas at conectiva.com.br
Thu Jun 26 16:06:34 GMT 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 10:06:58AM -0500, Brandon Lederer wrote:
> That is exactly it!  Now--- documentation on setdriver is where?  Lets put
> this sweetie to a rest.

The howto talks about using it. For example:
http://us4.samba.org/samba/devel/docs/html/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html

Search for "setdriver", you will get to a section called
"Support a large number of printers". I just didn't have the impression that
setdriver was *required*, only that it was useful for a specific situation.

Perhaps the NT APW does something win2k does not? I didn't try to add a
printer via NT4, I don't have this system, only win2k and xp.