[Samba] Two winbinds in one machine?

Fernando del Valle delsat-sec at data54.com
Thu Jun 26 15:42:47 GMT 2003

> Why don't you use 2 different Linux boxes each one acting as a domain
> controller?

In fact, the box is a domain member, not a domain controller (that's why I
use winbind, for fetching accounts and allowing access to the box shares).
Anyway, I found a workaround, pretty nasty though: as I am migrating from
one domain to another, and the situation is temporary, I pasted the results
from one winbind (with wbinfo) in /etc/passwd and /etc/group, shut down this
winbind, started the other one, and, in combination, I have accounts from
both domains up and running (as seen by 'getent passwd' and 'getent group').
And when migration is done, I'll delete the added entries and rely on
winbind. Anyway, I think it would be great if there were a way to make
nsswitch.conf work with more than one winbind simultaneously...

Yours,

Fernando del Valle