[Samba] Unable to contact LMB of a workgroup on another subnet

zergio zergio at isc.kharkov.com
Thu Jun 26 14:36:50 GMT 2003

Hi all!
I have NT BOGUS based on Samba 2.2.8a, named BOGUS. Samba acts as
PDC(BOGUS),LMB,DMB,WINS. In BOGUS I have machines from both 192.168.1.0
and 192.168.2.0 subnets. For the BOGUS browsing works just fine.

   workgroup1   workgroup2   workgroup2
------|------------|-------------|--------
	192.168.1.0 only    	          |
					---------------
   				router	PDC,DMB(BOGUS)
					---------------
		BOGUS			  |
-------------------|------------------------
	   ------------------------
	   |  			  |
      192.168.1.1	     192.168.2.1

I can access any machine in BOGUS from workgroup1 or workgroup2 etc.
However, if BOGUS's machine is on 192.168.2.0 subnet I can not contact
any of workgroup* (unable to contact LMB). WINS is up and working so I
still can find any machine if I query WINS.
As I know WINS doesn't store names "workgroup*#1d" in the database. So I
can find LMB only by broadcast.
Is there any solutions or workarounds?
I would appreciate any help and suggestion.

Thank you in advance