[Samba] Need an explanation on Samba Log.

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Jun 26 13:10:32 GMT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Farget Vincent wrote:

> Hi John,
>

> Le Vendredi 20 Juin 2003 21:27, vous avez écrit :
> > On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Farget Vincent wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > I am using Samba (v2.2.3a-12.3 on stable Debian Woody) on a bi-cpu server
> > > acting as a primary domain controller to allow connection from Win98 and
> > > Win2000Pro client computers. All user connections on the domain works
> > > well but I have the following lines in my logs for every user connections
> > > :
> >
> > Do you have "security = domain" by any chance?
> >

> Yes, I have.

Ok. If your samba server is the domain controller then this needs to be
set to:

	"security = user"

> But what does it means ?

security = domain, means that your Samba server is a MEMBER of a domain
and then for all authentication requests will try to contact the domain
controller.

> Is it a real problem or not ?

Yes. Correct configuration is very important for correct operation.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org