[Samba] smbmount, winbind, win 2000 permissions

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Thu Jun 26 05:21:04 GMT 2003

Hi
your idea is bad, best choice is create encrypted VPN or simply stunnel
connect from your external client to NAT router.
VPN NAT provide for ext.client internal IP adress and then client simply
connect to W2k or any enabled service on internal network with its permision
for login name and IP addr.

If you try create samba on NAT then your external conection is open for hack
and read passwords and data over trafic...

Bye.