[Samba] unable to mount W2k shares to Linux box

Phil Reardon pcr at pcrt.com
Thu Jun 26 05:14:03 GMT 2003

Hello:

I am unable to mount the C$ share of my W2k box to my Linux box.  I get
the error:

SMB connection failed  3260: tree connect failed:  ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess.

Here is what my smb.conf file looks like:  Please help.  Thanks

Phil Reardon

#=========== Global Settings =======================
[global]
   workgroup = MDKGROUP
   server string = %h server (Samba %v)
   guest account = nobody
   invalid users = root
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 1000
   syslog = 0
   encrypt passwords = true
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
   message command = /bin/sh -c '/usr/bin/linpopup "%f" "%m" %s; rm %s' &
   obey pam restrictions = yes
#============ Share Definitions =======================

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories