[Samba] snprintf, vsnprintf

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Wed Jun 25 22:53:45 GMT 2003

I'm tracking a compiling issue with 2.2.8a on AIX 5.2-ML01 with IBM C for
AIX 6.0 and i'm having an issue with lib/snprintf.c

The first thing i noticed is that "includes.h" is not included which is
in many other places, but I'm sure there are reaasons.

The other thing is there is a check at the beginning for HAVE_SNPRINTF,
HAVE_VSNPRINTF and HAVE_C99_VSNPRINTF to include stdio.h - that one i
get. the one i don't get is at line 790:

#if !defined(HAVE_SNPRINTF) || !defined(HAVE_C99_SNPRINTF)

i can't find a HAVE_C99_SNPRINTF anywhere in configure unless it's under
another name, but it seems to me based on the description given by
"mbp" in the code that it may need to look like this:

#if !defined(HAVE_SNPRINTF) || !defined(HAVE_SNPRINTF_DECL)

anyway the bug i'm tracking is a failure to expand the macros SAFE_FREE
and VA_COPY. is compiles fine in AIX 5.1. as soon as i figure that one
out, i'll forward it.

Bill