[Samba] Two winbinds in one machine?

Alexandru Molodoi alexandrum at home.ro
Wed Jun 25 22:05:33 GMT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces+alexandrum=home.ro at lists.samba.org
[mailto:samba-bounces+alexandrum=home.ro at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of
Fernando del Valle
Sent: 25 iunie 2003 19:22
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] Two winbinds in one machine?

Hi,

I'm switching between two domains, and I need to make a couple of
Linux+Samba machines provide the same shares in both domains. I've set
up
two sambas in the same machine, listening on different subinterfaces,
but I
can't make winbind to behave properly. As soon as I start the second
winbind, the domain accounts provided by the first one become hidden
(that
is, 'getent passwd' only shows the second domain). I found both winbinds
use
the same UNIX socket/pipe. I found no way to choose the socket used, or
make winbind share the socket, neither in the configure script nor in
the
daemon options. Does anyone know how to work around this?

I use samba 2.2.3.

Why don't you use 2 different Linux boxes each one acting as a domain
controller?