[Samba] Authentication Scheme for Samba3.0beta

Tim Jordan, Network Services Timothy_Jordan at labor.state.ak.us
Wed Jun 25 18:41:39 GMT 2003

Hello,
I'm trying to configure authentication for my Samba3.0beta box against
our W2K (mixed-mode), Acitve Directory network.

Is Windbind still the way to go for login authentication in Samba3.0
using my Windows domain account?  I want to stay with our Acitve
Directory PDC authenticating me.

Is there a way to get my Kerberos ticket at login for my Samba box?

Being able to easily connect to windows machines, from a shell, using
the Kerberos ticket is very nice!  Can I do that through a broswer such
as Konqueror?  My current setup still prompts me for authentication to
each share.

I have enjoyed working with Samba over the past few weeks (I'm very new
at this!).  Any info. or pointers are very appreciated.

TIA,
Tim