[Samba] SMB connection failed.

Karl Dall dall-karldall at web.de
Wed Jun 25 10:34:21 GMT 2003

Hello,

since I have bought a new computer I am having a strange problem. With my old computer I just had to type

smbmount //windowspcname/directory1 directory2/ -o username=username

to connect to my WinXP computer and everything worked. But with the new computer I get this (2101 is only the PID):

2101: Connection to mrfreeze failed
SMB connection failed

When I use

smbmount //windowspcname/directory1 directory2/ -o username=username,ip=123.456.789.012

instead (with the correct ip of course), it works, but the connection is not directly but over the internet, reducing the connection speed VERY much.

Can anybody help me to fix this problem? I simply cannot understand why it does not work with this computer, since I had just made a clean Madrake 9.1 installation. An it worked with the other PC of course.

Thanks, best regards

Karl