[Samba] Samba and Citrix Metaframe.

Davis, Ron Ron.Davis at dva.gov.au
Wed Jun 25 06:15:33 GMT 2003

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anybody else on this list is using, or trying to use,
Samba (esp. on an IBM mainframe) as a print server in a Citrix Metaframe
environment, or are we the first?  We're getting one or two odd problems...
Metaframe is creating the printers on our Samba server as "Client" printers,
rather that connecting to them direct.  We can connect and print fine from
Windows "outside" Metaframe...

Cheers

Ron Davis
IT Infrastructure
Dept of Veterans' Affairs
Ph +61 2 6289 6241
Fax +61 2 6289 4701
Mob 0402 265 841
Email ron.davis at dva.gov.au

IMPORTANT: Notice to be read with this E-mail
1. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.  2. This e-mail (including any
attachments) may contain confidential information for the
use of the intended recipient.  3. If you are not the
intended recipient, please: contact the sender by return
e-mail, to notify the misdirection; do not copy, print,
re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail; and
delete and destroy all copies of this e-mail.  4. Any views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are not
a statement of Commonwealth policy unless otherwise stated.
5. Finally, please do not remove this notice, so that any
other readers are aware of these restrictions.