[Samba] Re: Hi need some understanding

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Jun 25 04:02:01 GMT 2003

Richard,

Sorry. Samba does NOT support having No Unix Account (NUA) for users and
groups. We tried to implement this but there are way too many issue that
caused us to remove it before Samba-3.0.0Beta1.

Bottom line: You need Unix accounts.

PS: Some would argue that if you put all your accounts in an LDAP backend
then you have No Unix Accounts. :)

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra