[Samba] Need help with WINS Resolution

Anand.Sreenivasan at kemperinsurance.com Anand.Sreenivasan at kemperinsurance.com
Tue Jun 24 21:31:11 GMT 2003

Team,
            I am running Samba version 2.0.7 on an AIX server 4.3.3 . I am
planning to upgrade samba version to 2.2.8a. But , I have this problem with
Wins Registration . We have a Wins server running in Windows NT . For some
odd reason , My unix server doesnot dynamically register itself in the WINS
server . It gets TOMBSTONED every 30 days and I have to have an static
entry in my WINS Server. What am I doing wrong ??
Any help in this will help a lot and Also , How DO I perform the upgrade
from my current version of samba to latest version . I installed samba by
extracting the files using TAR.

Thanks
S Anandd
Kemper National Services,
Plantation,
Florida - 33324.

DISCLAIMER:
This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments, is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any information contained in or attached to this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original communication and its attachments without reading, printing or saving in any manner. This communication does not form any contractual obligation on behalf of the sender or, the sender's employer, or the employer's parent company, affiliates or subsidiaries.