[Samba] Intermittent problems copying files

Pavelock Kathy M kpavelock at alionscience.com
Tue Jun 24 17:35:50 GMT 2003

We are using SAMBA 2.2.7 on a Solaris 8 so that we can utilize the Solaris Computer as a PDF file server on our Windows 2000 network.  We get intermittent error messages when copying files to a SAMBA share.  It does not happen every time nor can we get the error twice on the same file and it is not always the same error message.  The error messages we get are as follows:

"Cannot copy [file]:  an unexpected network error occurred"

"Cannot copy [file]:  The session was cancelled"

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  If so, how did you fix the problem?

I previously included the configuration file, but it made this message too big and needed to go through moderator.  I can provided a cut down version if need be.

Thanks for the assistance.

Kathy M. Pavelock
IAC Support Team
Engineering Applications Division