[Samba] RE: Quickbooks revisited

No Free Lunch tanstaafl_bh at netzero.net
Tue Jun 24 12:45:18 GMT 2003

> Quickbooks is SO slow, we are having all of the same issues listed here.
> Our QB file is about 250 MB and is slow as a turtle.  It is nearly unusable
> in a networked environment.  If i put the file on the Local Machine, it is
> fine.  It is only Slightly faster on a win2k server, i believe.  Im not
> convinced its samba by any stretch.  But can anyone reccomend a better
> product, cuz this product (QB) is terrible.

Well, since Intuit strongly recommends not letting your QB data
file get much bigger than 40MB for this very reason, I would say
the file size is your problem.

Sorry, forgot to recommend something...

Have you had a look at SQL Ledger? It's OSS, free, and they have
very reasonable hosting and maintenance contracts available.

www.sql-ledger.com

I've been trying to get our Comptroller to look at it, but he's
pushing for MAS90 because thats what he knows (I guess its good,
but its expensive).

Charles