[Samba] Trouble with CUPS/SAMBA - Solved

Karl Banasky kbanasky at heatcon.com
Mon Jun 23 23:50:09 GMT 2003

Not to add to the confusion but maybe I will.  :)
If you still are having problems with cups and samba,  may I suggest that you get rid of a lot after the [printers] section.  Here is mine and it works great. Here it is:

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	guest ok = yes
	browseable = no
	public = yes
	writable = no
	printable = yes
	printer admin = (user or @group name here)

You could repeat this for individual printers if you wanted with the allow user = user.  I personally have not done this but would be easy enough.
By the way your [global] parameters look great, same as mine. I use Cups 1.1.8 and samba 2.2.8a along with CupsOmatic for the self loading drivers in SAMBA.  Sweet, love CUPS and SAMBA.
Hope that helps.