[Samba] Ghost Create account: procedure number out of range in Samba

Dan Gapinski DanGapinski at qsi-r2.com
Mon Jun 23 16:29:55 GMT 2003

I had that problem. I ended up making a regular administrator account for
Ghost and then telling the Ghost service to run under that account. Ghost
tries to set up it's own limited account on an NT domain with only the right
to add and remove machines to and from the domain, which (to my limited
knowledge, please correct me if I am wrong) Samba 2.x does not allow.

Once I did that, it worked fine.
My best,
Dan (former employee of Binary Research) Gapinski