[Samba] Doubts about Winbindd

Roberto Samarone Araujo (RSA) rsa at iesam.com.br
Sat Jun 21 18:42:41 GMT 2003

Hi,

     I'm trying to set up a PDC using Samba on a Linux server. I need to the
linux clients, using KDE desktop, log in the PDC using the KDE login box. I
think I could use the 'winbindd' to do what I need but, I still have some
questions:

        1. Do I need to set up winbindd on each Linux client to log on the
Linux PDC ?
        2. Do I need to set up winbindd on the Linux PDC server too ?
        3. Using winbindd  could I have only a password file on Linux PDC
server where the Linux clients will autenticate ?
        4. Could Win2000/XP clients be autenticate to a Linux PDC server
without I need to add the users on the Win2000/XP clients ? How ?

                  Sorry for this newbie questions and thanks,

                        Roberto Samarone Araujo