[Samba] Moving Samba installation from one host to another

MH - Entwicklung entwicklung at heubach-edv.de
Mon Jun 23 08:07:03 GMT 2003

Hello,

last week I experienced some problems when moving a Samba installation from one host to another host.

The old system ran Samba 2.2.8 on a SuSE Linux 7.3
The new system is also running Samba 2.2.8 but on Debian Woody
The Client Systems are all running Win2K SP1. One is running Win2K SP2. One is running Win98.

I moved smbpasswd to the new host. I also made sure that all entries in passwd, group and shadow existed on the new system. Anyway all computers lost the connection to the Domain when switching to the new Samba PDC. I had to remove all hosts from the domain and let them join the domain again in order to get it working again. Also all Windows SIDS associated with the users had changed.

Any idea what I've done wrong ?

Regards
Manfred