[Samba] question

Anne Pyle anne.pyle at verizon.net
Sun Jun 22 13:50:09 GMT 2003

I'm a Windows user who is a newbie to Linux (and obviously to Samba),
having just installed it for the first time yesterday.  I run three
computers, a desktop and two laptops.  I've gotten everything set up
just fine so far -- my network is working, I can access email and the
web (my internet connection is on the desktop and I'm working on one of
the laptops) and can access my files on the other computers.

The only thing I can't seem to make work is the printers (which are
located on the Windows computer).  I have Samba set up, have followed
the instructions (I thought), but when I try to print a test page I get
the message "Unable to connect to Samba host."  I realize that I've
probably overlooked something extremely obvious, but can someone help me
out here?

Oh, and I have set up Samba to load automatically when Linux is started.
--
--------
Anne Pyle
anne.pyle at verizon.net