[Samba] samba-2.2.8a libsmbclient install

Michael Somos somos at grail.cba.csuohio.edu
Sun Jun 22 04:38:17 GMT 2003

Samba project,
    I recently downloaded samba-2.2.8a.tar.bz2 and tried to install it
"--with-libsmbclient" but it failed in the install for one file :

Installing libsmbclient as /home/somos/u/samba/bin/libsmbclient
cp: cannot stat `libsmbclient': No such file or directory
chmod: getting attributes of `/home/somos/u/samba/bin/libsmbclient': No such fil

The reason is a slight oversight. IN the Makefile you have :

PROGS2 = bin/smbpasswd bin/make_smbcodepage bin/rpcclient bin/make_unicodemap bi
n/smbcacls bin/smbsh bin/smbwrapper.so    libsmbclient

but the last part should be 'bin/libsmbclient' instead I think.
However, that is still not enough. I now get :

make: *** No rule to make target `/bin/libsmbclient', needed by `all'.  Stop.

So I don't know how it is supposed to work. Shalom, Michael