[Samba] Windows domain group policies

Thomas Angst ta_ldap at granitsoft.ch
Sat Jun 21 16:54:23 GMT 2003

Hello,

first, thanks for that link. I read the chapters 5,7,23 and 24. And I
know now, that my question was wrong.
What I really want is to tell each client, that this user is an
Administrator or is member of an other group I created for w2k clients.
But all users are per default set to the standard user group. How can I
set the membership of specific users to another w2k group?

But there is another problem now, which I cannot solve and it seems I am
not alone with it.
To use policies, Samba has to run as a PDC. And the clients should be
registred on it. And there is the problem. After I changed the parameter
add user script to add machine script (maybe you should more emphasise
in your document, that it has changed) I can now join a machine to the
domain.
After an on the fly joining there is an entry in /etc/passwd and in
/etc/samba/smbpasswd is it too.
But, after the necessary reboot on the client (w2k SP3) I will get the
error message:
computer account is not trusted (translated, I am using a german version
of w2k)

And with Samba versions 2.2.X and the same config file (more or less) on
the same machine with the same client it is working.
Is this a bug in Samba 3.0b?

I'm using:
Debian 3.0r1
Samba 3.0.0b (Debian unstable)