[Samba] Setting up a cups printer

Darrell Blake darrell at dunmanifestin.co.uk
Sat Jun 21 11:59:57 GMT 2003

I'm trying to set up a cups printer but I don't know much about printing in
linux and am a bit confused. I've installed a printer in cups using the web
interface and it works fine. All the tutorials I've read though refer to
/var/spool/lpd/lp but on my system this doesn't exist. I'm guessing this is
because I'm not using lpd, I'm using cups. There are a few files in
/var/spool/cups but they're c00001 to c00005. Can someone shed some light on
my problem? My [printer] section on smb.conf currently looks like this...

[printer]
        browseable = yes
        path = /var/spool/lpd/lp
        read only = yes