[Samba] Samba 3.0 as ADS domain member (atleast).

Suraj Shankar su_raj_in at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 21 05:35:37 GMT 2003

Hi all,
  I am trying to set up a Samba 3.0 beta, as an
additional domain controller on a domain that has a
windows 2000 (ADS integrated) DC.
  I would like some pointers on how I could achieve
this; I am to understand that there may not be
tried-and-tested howtos but, even some raw
documentation in that direction would do.
  The closest I got was the Chapter 8 (Samba as a ADS
domain member), bundled, in the documentation with
the, distribution. This document I followed but, on
trying "net use * \\sambaServer\shareName", it asks me
for a password, inspite of a successful './net ads
join'. 'klist tickets' tells me that 'klist: No
credentials cache found (ticket cache FILE:tickets)'.
After some googling, did add 'winbind cache time =
10', but it didn't help the situation.

  Kindly help.

Regards,
suraj.