[Samba] Samba 3.0 Question...

Ryan Dooley dooleyr at missouri.edu
Fri Jun 20 19:40:45 GMT 2003

Hello,

The Linux setup is on my workstation (RedHat 9) with Samba 3.0 Beta 1.
The Windows setup is a Windows 2000 native-mode domain to which a
Windows XP workstation is a part of.

I'll attach my smb.conf file.

My machine has been successfully joined to the domain (hosted on Windows
2000).

"wbinfo -{u,g,m}" all have successful returns of information.

"net ads status" returns proper ldap information (or at least what I
expect).

>From the Windows workstation I can "nbtstat -A" the machine and see it's
netbios name and the workgroup/domain it is a part of.

My problem is that I cannot figure out what I'm missing in order to map
a drive.

>From the windows with "net view \\mynetbiosname" I get "System error 53
has occured" and "The network path cannot be found"

>From Windows using "net use r: \\mynetbiosname\myshare" the message is
the same "The network path cannot be found".

>From Windows using "net  use r: \\fqdn-of-linux-machine\myshare" the
message is "The mapped network drive could not be created because the
following error has occured: There are currently no logon servers
available to service the logon request."

Any ideas?

If I revert back to "security = server", everything from Windows works
as expected.

Cheers,
	Ryan

My smb.conf file: