[Samba] Win(yuck)NT

Steve_Lyle/PlasticMoldings%PLASTICMOLDINGS at plasticmoldings.com Steve_Lyle/PlasticMoldings%PLASTICMOLDINGS at plasticmoldings.com
Thu Jun 19 21:23:38 GMT 2003

In migrating to Samba on FreeBSD from Win(yuck)NT, I?ve run into this
hitch.

Let us say I have 9 users named
     User1, User2, User3, ? User9

User1 is a member of group wheel

User2 & User3 have the administrative task (add/change/delete) of managing
the content of the directory Dirc1 and all subordinate objects (files and
directories).

Dirc1 is the directory /usr/Shared/Dirc1. Only User1 will need to delete
Dirc1, but if it helps then User2 & User3 can also delete Dirc1.

All users can read anything in Dirc1 and all subordinate objects as well.

All users can contribute (add/change/delete) anything in the Everyone
directory which is /usr/Shared/Dirc1/Everyone

Shared is a Samba service.

As User2 & User3 add new objects subordinate to Dirc1 they are to retain
the permissions necessary to add/change/delete all current and new objects
in Dirc1.

All users can add/change/delete anything anywhere else in Shared

All end-user efforts are performed from Windows NT workstations.

(This is essentially what I have on an NT file system and would like to
maintain this structure to prevent confusion.)

Finally,
Samba ACL support is not compiled into Samba because that option is broken
between this version of FreeBSD and this version of Samba.

1) How do I configure the Shared, Dirc1 & Everyone directories in terms of
the Unix file permissions and ownerships to support this?

2) How do I configure the Shared service in Samba to support this?

3) How do I configure the User2 & User3?

4) What else will be necessary?