[Samba] smbpasswd -a failure

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Thu Jun 19 12:25:07 GMT 2003

How you create your /etc/passwd entry? If by hand remove!
If your linux is embee... you need use command for adding user to unix and
then to samba.
1. # useradd pbathini  (or adduser ...)
2. # smbpasswd -a pbathini

if this not work then yuor samba need recompile to locate proper password
user files of linux.

Bye.