[Samba] WinXP can`t log on Samba PDC

Mark lists at greplinux.dyndns.org
Thu Jun 19 05:12:04 GMT 2003

Re: web client service, I had a client (XP Pro on 40 desktops, Redhat
8.0, Samba 2.2.6?? cannot quite remember)earlier this year who was
experiencing mapped drives timing out, poor performance in file copying
etc. At the time I had recalled reading a recent post in
comp.protocols.smb http://tinyurl.com/eoy0  where another person was
having simmilar issues. Another poster had suggested turning off the web
client service in XP and it cleared up all the issues. I did the same
for my client and needless to say it cured his computer woes.

I do not have a lot of info on what the Web client service actually
does. Here is a web site expalaining how web services work in office XP
though......be prepare for a healthy dose of propagand when reading it
:-)

http://www.microsoft.com/office/developer/webservices/toolkit.asp