[Samba] WinXP can`t log on Samba PDC

Mark lists at greplinux.dyndns.org
Thu Jun 19 04:32:03 GMT 2003

>From the actual reg file itself
This registry key is needed for a Windows XP Client to join and logon to
a Samba domain.

Keep in mind that if you are using Samba in a workgroup setting, the
patch is not needed. Also the patch is only good for XP Pro....XP does
not support domain logins.

As far as XP timing out or disconnecting, do you mean the actual mapped
drives timeout and lose connection.?? One thing my I have found that
helps eleviate this particular issue is to turn off the web client
service if you do not use it.
Now with XP loginng in with the admin password, I am not sure about this
one. It will probably get fixed in service pack 12 :-). Seriously maybe
some one else knows.

Regards,
Mark