[Samba] Slow windows -> cups print (Facts discovered)

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Jun 18 21:59:25 GMT 2003

I am not really sure of your set up.

I assume you have installed the drivers on the windows client.

And, I assume you send the job to a raw queue on the linux box. If not,
maybe your linux filter is removing colors.

I would look at the driver configuration on the windows client and make
sure you don't have some option checked for B&W only.

You might print the job to a file, send it over to
the linux box, and  open it with gv, and see if you have color.

Sometimes, depending on your setup, the test page goes to a different
queue than the real print jobs.

Joel