[Samba] Access Denied

Jerry Moore jerry950 at netzero.com
Wed Jun 18 20:37:03 GMT 2003

Despite my efforts, over the last 3 days, to get my PC to mount even the simpiliest /tmp share from the HP server. I have failed. :(
I have followed the DIAGNOSIS.txt by Andrew Tridgell and most of the tests work. Only when it comes to connecting from the PC do I get
denied. ???  I have tried to set every know paramitter that remotely
has to do with authenticating, without success. Restarts of smbd and nmbd were also done between each change. I have it wide-open and still I
get denied. What is missing??? I have added account also using smbpasswd
-a <user> also.
On unix server mounts/logins work. Tests showing shares work on unix.
Swat works on PC also.

Running samba 2.2.3a on HP-UX 10.20.

Installed as a pre-compiled depot.

If I try to run net use on my PC. I get the following below.
And yes. I am using my NT login password which is the same
id and password on this unix server:

C:\>net use x: \\199.254.200.1\tmp
The password is invalid for \\199.254.200.1\tmp.

Type the password for \\199.254.200.1\tmp:
System error 1240 has occurred.

The account is not authorized to login from this station.

Desperate help needed here. Leaving Friday.

Jerry