[Samba] Calculating file size.

David Gilligan, Nyfix O'seas, Inc. dgilligan at nyfix.co.uk
Wed Jun 18 18:04:38 GMT 2003

OK.  Maybe the 'not-so-sure' was a bit provocative on this list. <G>

As I can't afford a 'Filer', Samba is ~obviously~ my best option.

WinXP reports the same figures though - maybe the answer is another DLT
drive direct onto the (New-Improved!) Samba box; rather than mapping drives
to the W2K backup server.

Nevertheless, the sizes can't be *real* - according to the stats my drive is
3 times bigger than it was when I bought it!
Point taken on the journaling FS.  Can anyone compare small file performance
between RH ext3 and ReiserFS?

Made me think - thanks for the input

-DG