[Samba] New Samba Server

Collins, Kevin KCollins at nesbittengineering.com
Wed Jun 18 13:55:58 GMT 2003

On Wednesday, June 18, Seth Hollen wrote:
> 3ware makes great controllers, but you will be limited to the pci bus
> bandwidth for the raid arrays.
> instead of 8x40 I would look for the best cost/size ratio. I
> think 120GB
> hard drives can be found for around $100.00 (us)
> I'd put 3 in a raid5 array for performance.

Hi Seth and Tim:

One other comment - the Escalade 7500 series cards are PCI-X cards (64-bit)
if you can afford the motherboard that has these slots, having that extra
bandwidth will be a big performance boost.

I'm using the 7500-4LP and 4x120GB Western Digital drives in my backup
server right now - it's a sweet setup! :-)

Later,
--
Kevin L. Collins, MCSE
Systems Manager