[Samba] Samba 3 beta 1, LDAP and USRMGR

Matt Wright matt at consultmatt.co.uk
Wed Jun 18 08:59:14 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've now got my Samba 3 domain successfully configured apart from a minor
detail. When I use USRMGR to try and add a new user I get "The filename,
directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect". About 10 minutes ago I
successfully joined this machine to the domain and tested that the server
correct adds all my details to the LDAP server. I'm confused, if you tell
usrmgr to "Copy" a user it allows you to the copy dialog but gives the same
error when you add however if you refresh the list it has actually added the
user.

I've got another, almost identical, setup at home but with using the ldapsam
backend, it works perfectly (apart from not being able to use the delete in
usrmgr). It's the same version (Samba 3.0beta1) as this one.

Any ideas?

Matt

-- Quantum canis ille in fenestra est?